Coronavirus Action Plan: Get the facts about the coronavirus outbreak and our plan to ensure safe and reliable power.
We are closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We have emergency plans in place to help prevent and control the spread of infectious diseases that might impact our operations, including call centers, billing and power restoration.
We are coordinating closely with local officials to ensure safe and reliable power. Should an outage occur, a detailed restoration plan establishes priorities, including communicating to repair crews and the public. First, power is restored to critical community services, like hospitals and fire departments. Next, the focus turns to bringing back power to the greatest number of members in the shortest amount of time.
What you should do
- There are a variety of things you can do to minimize the impact of a power outage.
- Contact us and let us know your power is out. Member calls help in locating and evaluating the extent of the damage.
- Monitor local radio stations and mobile devices for reports about power restoration activities.
- Disconnect or switch off non-essential appliances and electronic equipment and avoid opening the refrigerator to save cold air.
- Operate backup generators safely by following manufacturer’s instructions.