Join YEC at one of our two registration and voting drive-thru 2023 annual meetings for a $25 bill credit! Download the PDF for maps and further details.
[PDF] 2022 Annual Meeting Door Prize List
YEC celebrated 81 years of service to the members of York Electric Cooperative by hosting their annual meeting of members on Friday, May 13, and Saturday, May 14, 2022. The transcript of the virtual meeting is available here for those who are deaf or hard of hearing.
Each member who registered will receive a $20 credit on his or her June 2022 electric bill and was limited to one vote and registration. Members needed to present to vote and receive the registration credit. Registered members were entered into drawings for valuable prizes, including a 2013 Chevrolet 1500 Silverado pickup truck and two $500 power bill credits.
[PDF] 2022 Annual Meeting Transcript
YEC celebrated 81 years of service to the members of York Electric Cooperative by hosting their annual meeting of members on Friday, May 13, and Saturday, May 14, 2022. The transcript of the virtual meeting is available here for those who are deaf or hard of hearing.View the Annual Meeting transcript as a web page
[PDF] YEC Annual Meeting Registration and Voting ID Requirements
Annual Meeting 2022
Friday, May 13 from 7 am-7 pm
Saturday, May 14 from 7 am-1 pm
York Electric Cooperative members are encouraged to attend the annual meeting and MUST bring a valid photo ID and their registration postcard, which will be mailed.
Each member registering will receive a $20 credit on his or her June 2022 electric bill and is limited to one vote and registration. You must be present to vote and receive the registration credit. Registered members will also be entered into drawings for valuable prizes, including a 2013 Chevrolet 1500 Silverado pickup truck and two $500 power bill credits.
Acceptable Forms of Identification to Register and Vote
1. Valid photo ID of any type
2. Driver’s license
4. State issued ID card with a photograph
5. U. S. Military card
6. Current YEC bill, phone bill, cable bill, bank statement, pay stub, etc. that reflects the same name and address as shown on the YEC registration card
7. Social security card
8. Other appropriate evidence of the identity of the person
9. Joint membership of a spouse with a valid ID reflecting the name and home address of the spouse matches that of the registration card. (Reference Section 1.04 of the Bylaws.)
10. One representative for a church, firm, corporation, etc., is allowed to vote on behalf of that organization. This representative must have written authorization on the organization’s letterhead in hand requesting that they be allowed to register and vote. Additionally, the representative must provide an ID verifying that he or she is the person listed on the authorization and must not be the same as the person who signed the letter. YEC will retain the written authorization for our files. (See Section 3.05 of the Bylaws.)
11. If the member has absolutely no other form of identification available and he or she is able to provide the last four digits of the social security number listed on the account, he or she will only be eligible to register at the meeting. He or she will not be eligible to vote.
12. YEC reserves the right to review the information and identification provided by a member to determine whether or not he or she can register and/or vote. The Cooperative’s priority is to retain the integrity of the Cooperative’s voting process and the decision made for proper member identification will be made with the guidance of the Cooperatives Credentials and Election Committee.
[PDF] 2021 Proposed YEC District Map
In 2019, the General Assembly passed a law requiring cooperative members to consider single-member voting districts. Your cooperative has suggested an updated bylaw to better serve you and comply with this requirement. Under the proposed bylaw amendment for section 4.04 printed on Page 16E, your cooperative recommends going from nine voting districts, each having one board member, to three larger voting districts, each having three at-large board members. This will provide better representation of our membership while continuing to allow all members to vote on all nine board members. This map shows the proposed districts.
York Electric Cooperative encourages you to review the proposed bylaw changes that will be voted on at the Annual Meeting of Members, May 8, 2021. The full document showing these material changes, along with some additional typographical corrections, is available for download here.
[PDF] YEC Annual Meeting – Drive-Thru Map
Join YEC for our 2-day drive-thru annual meeting!
- There will be no parking available for the annual meeting.
- Payments can be made in the payment drive-thru window shown in yellow.
- Registration and voting will not be allowed at the payment drive-thru window.
- Meet the candidates before registering and casting your vote for YEC’s board of trustees by merging right after entering from Alexander Love Hwy. Already know who you are voting for? Remain straight to stay in the express registration and voting line.
Please save the date to celebrate your membership! We invite you and your family to join us in celebrating our 81st year of serving you at our second annual drive-thru annual meeting on Friday, May 13 from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m., and Saturday, May 14 from 7 a.m. until 1 p.m. Members attending the annual meeting will need to bring a valid ID and their registration card, which is on the front the April 2022 issue of South Carolina Living magazine. You can find a list of accepted forms of ID listed here. All members who attend the annual meeting will receive a $20 credit on their June 2022 power bill and will be entered to win valuable door prizes and one of three grand prizes: a pickup truck and two $500 power bill credits.
We will host a virtual business meeting that will be streamed online at yorkelectric.net and on our Facebook account.
You will also find a map for the voting and registration drive-thru route on the inside cover of the April 2022 edition of South Carolina Living magazine. For more details about the annual meeting, please contact our member services team at (803) 684-4248.