You will receive your electric bill on a monthly basis. You may pay directly at our main office in York or our Fort Mill branch.
You may also pay at Comporium Communications, located at 1739 Cherry Road, Rock Hill, SC Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM until 7:00 PM, and from 10:00 AM until 2:00 PM on Saturday. This is the ONLY Comporium location that accepts YEC payments. Map
E-check or payment via the Internet are also options as well as bank draft, direct mail, or by calling YEC’s automated telephone payment system Power Touch 1-866-374-1234.
Payment is due within 15 days following the billing date. After 15 days, the bill is considered delinquent. A delinquent fee of 1.5% plus $3.50 is charged on all past due balances. If a bill remains unpaid for 25 days, it is subject to disconnection. Members will receive an automated courtesy call before disconnection of service.
If service is disconnected because of a delinquent bill, a reconnection fee must be paid to have service restored. There is an additional service charge if a trip to reconnect service is made after normal working hours. If the disconnected account does not have an existing deposit, a $225.00 deposit will be charged.
Billing & Payments FAQ
Advance Pay is a pre-pay plan that lets you pay when you want, in the amounts you want. Instead of receiving a paper bill each month, energy use is calculated daily. Advance Pay members never pay a late charge, disconnect fees or reconnect fees.
Please contact your financial institution for help.
Other troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure your device has the minimum compatible requirements.
- Make sure your device is up-to-date with the latest system upgrades.
Do you have authentication set up on your device?
- Authentication must be enabled to use mobile device payments.
- Samsung Pay – Fingerprint, PIN or iris
- Apple Pay – FaceID or fingerprint
- Google Wallet – Fingerprint, PIN, pattern or password
Learn more by visiting the appropriate support sites here:
- Samsung Pay
- Apple Pay
- Google Wallet
Any walk-in members in our York of Fort Mill office locations who have a compatible device.
Would it be easier for you to make weekly or biweekly payments rather than one large payment each month? If so, Advance Pay might be for you! Members interested in monitoring and lowering electricity use could beneﬁt, too.
You can set up notiﬁcations by e-mail or text to notify you of a low balance, allowing time to buy power. If you do not purchase more, the meter will stop until funds are applied to your account.
Making a payment is easy, even on weekends and holidays! Once payment is received, your power will reconnect almost immediately.
Set up a payment proﬁle through our free YEC Mobile App and then pay by:
Texting: Text JOIN to 352667, then follow the instructions to pay.
YEC App: Pay through our free YEC Mobile App.
Online: At yorkelectric.net.
By phone: Call (866) 374-1234.
You may select one of the following options to make your monthly electric bill payment:
- Pay directly at our main office in York or at our Fort Mill branch.
- Comporium Communications – 1759 Cherry Road, Rock Hill, SC Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM until 7:00 PM, and from 10:00 AM until 2:00 PM on Saturday. This is the ONLY Comporium location that accepts YEC payments. Map
- Walmart– you may now pay your bill at any Walmart across the country.
- Bring your current YEC bill or bill stub to the customer service counter and pay with cash or a PIN-based debit card.
- To allow adequate time for processing, please check the disconnect date located on your YEC bill. Make sure you pay your bill at least 5 days prior to the disconnect notice. Otherwise, YEC cannot guarantee your service will not be disconnected. Standard 3 business day option is $0.88. Next business day option is $1.88.
- Please retain the receipt that is provided to you for your records.
- For payment verification, call (803) 684-4248 and provide the member services representative with the 10-digit code printed at the bottom of your Walmart cash payment receipt. Find a Walmart store near you
- Bank Draft –The account must be paid in full to begin Bank Draft. When you sign up for York Electric’s Bank Draft program, the Cooperative will automatically deduct the amount of your bill from your checking account each month. You’ll still receive a monthly statement showing you the amount of your bill, but you’ll never have to write another check to pay your electric bill or worry about letting the payment slip your mind.
- Power Touch – pay your bill at your convenience, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by dialing 1-866-374-1234. You must have your YEC account number available to make your payment. Fees Apply. Most major credit cards are accepted.
- E-check – allows you to pay your bill by entering in your checking account and bank routing numbers through York Electric’s website.
- Advance Pay – Advance Pay gives you the power to purchase electricity when you want, weekly or biweekly, in the amounts you choose rather than one monthly payment, allowing you to monitor and control your electric usage daily, weekly, monthly with a select payment plan that works for you and your budget.
Each monthly bill is the rolling average of your electric usage for the most recent 12 months. In order to have your account placed on a levelized budget billing, you need to be a member of YEC at your current residence for one year, have maintained good credit (as defined by YEC), have a zero balance, and pay your bill by the original due date each month. There is no service charge or monthly fee, so call us if you want to level it out!
This free service allows you to select a designated person that we can contact when your account goes past due. A person may request to be a designated third-party, but must have the account holder’s permission. Both the member and this person will be notified by phone or mail that the bill is past due. You can sign up to receive this service by filling out the form and returning it to our office. You may also contact member services at 803-684-4248.
By signing up for e-billing, you will no longer receive a paper bill. You will have your bill sent to your email address so you can view it and pay it online.
This option allows you to combine your accounts that are on the same billing cycle, on one bill. This feature is great for accounts with multiple meters on more than one cycle such as school districts or apartment buildings.
If a situation should occur in which you are unable to pay all or a portion of your bill, please notify member services at 803-684-4248 as soon as possible. They may be able to set up a payment arrangement to allow you more time. They may also be able to provide you with a list of help agencies that can offer additional assistance. As a not for profit, cooperative members are expected to pay the costs which they incur. We cannot disregard payments owed to an account.
South Carolina 2-1-1 is your one-stop resource for finding assistance in your local community. Use the link below to find services. Or call 2-1-1 any time – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year – to find vital services in your community. You can also reach 2-1-1 toll-free at 1-866-892-9211. This service is free and is available in multiple languages.