Discover the value of co-op membership!
York Electric Cooperative, your energy company, offers a wide variety of programs and services designed to enhance the quality of life our members enjoy. We’re constantly refining these programs—and developing new ones—just another way we’re always looking out for you.
CONVENIENT BILL PAYING
- Power Touch – Pay your electric bill at your convenience by phone, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Online Payments – Accepted through the Member Portal at www.yorkelectric.net.
- Mobile App – Use our free smartphone application to make a payment, review account information or report an outage.
- Advance Pay – A flexible payment plan putting you in charge of your electric bill. You control how much and when you pay so that it meets your needs.
- Bank Draft – Your checking account will automatically be drafted each month for the amount of your electric bill. Simple, convenient, safe and you’re guaranteed that your bill will be paid on time. Each month you will still receive a monthly statement showing electricity use and cost. “Go Green” by participating in both Bank Draft and e-bill together! You’ll save $1 on each participating account.
- Text to Pay – Text “JOIN” to 352667 from the mobile number listed on your account to make a payment or access your account balance details.
- Third-Party Notification – A free service offered by York Electric as a safety net which allows a designated third party to be notified should a loved one’s electric bill become past due or be subject to disconnection.
- In the Office –You may pay directly at our offices in York and Fort Mill.
Capital Credits are the only form of equity a member-owned utility has. Each year, all revenue over and above expenses is assigned by the Cooperative to each member’s Capital Credits Account. The amount of your Capital Credits is determined by your yearly payments for electricity.
York Electric’s Trade A Tree Program helps members replace trees that must be removed by the co-op to ensure service reliability.
Before you begin a project, such as installing a new fence, planting shrubbery or trees, take into account that underground electric service or other utility lines may be present. If you’re not absolutely sure where any underground lines are located on your property, call 811.
For only pennies a month or approximately $6 a year, by rounding up your monthly electric bill, York Electric’s giving program allows each member to help make a difference for those in our communities who need it most.
Every year York Electric Cooperative sponsors local high school juniors on an all-expense paid trip to our nation’s capital. This week-long tour gives students a chance to see our government in action and experience the history of the United States firsthand.
During the annual Cooperative Youth Summit in July, York Electric sponsors local high school juniors to experience South Carolina’s capital like never before. Students from across the state tour the statehouse, meet lawmakers and visit Columbia attractions like Riverbanks Zoo & Garden.
York Electric annually awards numerous scholarships including $1,000 Touchstone Energy® Scholarships to high school seniors.
We regularly offer safety demonstrations to students and other groups throughout our service area in an effort to teach important safety lessons to the participants. See detailed information pertaining to the safe use of electricity.
York Electric’s development of the East York Industrial Park is exemplary of the Cooperative’s commitment to bring quality industry and jobs to York County.
Members can now sign-up for York Electric’s load management program. By shifting the time members use energy, your cooperative can manage the demand for it and decrease the need to build new power plants. Qualified members receive incentives in the form of power bill credits.
Help your co-op control energy costs and save money by signing up to Beat the Peak, a free and voluntary program providing energy saving tips.
Join York Electric’s Community Solar program to participate in renewable energy without the hassle and maintenance of installing panels on your home. Call us today to put the sun’s energy to work for you!
York Electric Cooperative is a Touchstone Energy® Partner, committed to delivering you the Touchstone Energy values of accountability, integrity, innovation and commitment to community you expect.
To provide unsurpassed innovative and diversified service at a reasonable cost while improving the quality of life and promoting integrity, economic development, safety and a vision of the future.