Acceptable Forms of Identification to Register and Vote:
- Valid photo ID of any type
- Driver’s license
- State-issued ID card with a photograph
- U. S. Military card
- Current YEC bill, phone bill, cable bill, bank statement, pay stub, etc. that reflects the same name and address as shown on the YEC registration card
- Social security card
- Other appropriate evidence of the identity of the person
- Joint membership of a spouse with a valid ID reflecting the name and home address of the spouse matches that of the registration card. (Reference Section 1.04 of the Bylaws.)
- To register a business, organization, church or other entity, please provide a written authorization on the organization’s letterhead requesting that the representative present be allowed to register and vote on that organization’s behalf. Additionally, the representative must provide ID verifying that he or she is the person listed on the authorization. Please note: the organization’s authorized signer must not be the same representative named in the letter. YEC will retain the written authorization for our files. (See Section 3.05 of the Bylaws.) For authorization questions, please call Member Services at 803.684.4248.
- If the member has absolutely no other form of identification available and he or she can provide the last four digits of the social security number listed on the account, he or she will only be eligible to register at the meeting. He or she will not be eligible to vote.
- YEC reserves the right to review the information and identification provided by a member to determine whether or not he or she can register and/or vote. The Cooperative’s priority is to retain the integrity of the Cooperative’s voting process and the decision made for proper member identification will be made with the guidance of the Cooperatives Credentials and Election Committee.
Annual Meeting FAQ
No parking will be available at the annual meeting because it is completely drive-thru.
Each member will receive an official announcement in the April South Carolina Living magazine, as well as a registration postcard. Please keep your registration postcard and bring it with you to the annual meeting.
The Annual Meeting is a meeting of YEC’s members and a special occasion for members to participate in cooperative business and meet their cooperative leaders and employees. As a democratically controlled, not-for-profit business, our bylaws indicate we host a meeting for members to gather and vote on important matters each year. We’ve adapted the meeting to be safe for all and convenient for you by hosting registration and voting as a drive-thru experience and virtual business meeting. Each member who is present and registers receives a registration gift and will be eligible to win door prizes. Most importantly, members can exercise their cooperative right to vote in the election for seats on the cooperative’s Board of Trustees. During the virtual business meeting that will be streamed on our website and our Facebook page, our President and CEO, attorney, and Board Chairman will update you on important Cooperative business and share election results.
The annual meeting is drive-thru, so just stay in the comfort of your car. YEC employees will be there to help guide you through each step of the process to register and cast your vote.
Yes – the annual meeting will be held, rain or shine.
Each member who attends the annual meeting and registers will receive a $25 power bill credit.
Only members who attend the annual meeting, provide proper identification and their registration card are eligible to receive a registration gift, vote and be entered into the door prize drawing.
Yes! After voting and registering your attendance, cars will have the option to loop through a special line to receive a bag of free hot dogs, limited to one bag per membership. Hot dogs will be available on Saturday, May 6, beginning at 9 a.m., while supplies last.
YEC has three grand prizes available to win at this year’s annual meeting. They include a 2014 Ford F-150 and (2) $500 power bill credits. Winners will be contacted on Monday following the annual meeting.
All other door prizes will be announced during the virtual business meeting. Winners will be contacted on Monday following the annual meeting.
The YEC annual meeting will be held in Fort Mill on Wednesday, May 3, from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. at our operations center at 2000 Highway 21, right across from Captain Steve’s, and at our main office, 1385 E. Alexander Love Hwy. on Saturday, May 6 from 7:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. Members may register and vote at one of these two locations. The virtual business meeting will be live online Saturday evening.
All members of the cooperative are eligible to register with a valid photo ID and their registration card. The registration card will be on the front cover of your April issue of South Carolina Living Magazine.
The door prize winners, including the grand prize winners, will be announced during the virtual business meeting. All door prizes that can be mailed will be sent directly to winners. If your name is chosen we will contact you to provide you details about your prize on Monday following the annual meeting.