At YEC, we’re more than just a power company. We’re your trusted energy advisor and a proud community partner. Here are a few accomplishments we’re celebrating:
- Local Fort Mill student Carolyn Zheng won the 2020 Cooperative Children’s Book Challenge. We received a published copy of her book (A) to share last month! Be sure to visit your local library to borrow When Wind Meets Windmill!
- YEC is excited to announce STIWA Group will be moving their headquarters to near Carowinds Blvd., becoming a member of YEC. Bringing 44 new jobs and investing $3.7 million dollars into the project, the engineering and light company is a great addition to our area.
- YEC is giving a total of $13,000 to high school seniors in the next two months. It’s not too late to apply! See our Educational Opportunities to learn more.
- Construction continues on our Aycock School substation (B), which will serve members in the McConnells area.
- Our member services team answered 110,703 total phone calls in 2020 and 8,282 so far this year. Our team has adapted and continues to serve our members despite the pandemic (C).
- YEC crews responded to 100% of reported outages within one hour (D).
- We started construction on our Highway 49 expansion project to improve reliability and increase capacity.
At YEC, we like to make it a habit to ask our members how we’re doing in the customer service department. A few months ago, we wrapped up another American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) survey. According to our members, we are still a top performer, scoring a 94! Our score of 94 is:
- Nearly 20 points higher than the national average.
- Nearly 15 points higher than the highest-scoring sector of Manufacturing/ Nondurable Goods.
- Nearly 22 points higher than the average score for the Energy Utilities sector.
Thank you for allowing us to serve you and for giving us feedback on how to improve.