Gone are the days where power outages are reported on postcards. Our world is evolving and so is your co-op. YEC has planned for our future by advantageously embracing technology for you, our membership. Whether you look online at our various member communication applications or down the line at our smart infrastructure, YEC continues to look ahead and look out for you.
Our commitment to provide you with affordable, reliable service demands that we keep up with the times. Just in the past year, we have
- Grown our automated meter infrastructure technology to include more than 96 percent of our electric meters, allowing YEC employees and our members to closely monitor electric usage.
- Installed 1,450 remote service devices in the field to make service requests more efficient.
- Invested in our electric grid by installing smart devices in our substations and on the lines to better monitor the health of our system to prevent outages and to help decrease outage times.
- Improved our online services and applications to increase communication and convenience.
- Researched and developed the Rural Internet Project as an attempt to bring high-speed internet to two underserved test areas. (We were unable to move forward with the project due to low member participation.)
- Developed a technology-based scholarship for students entering a manufacturing field.
- Researched and responded to our members’ interests in renewable energy sources by securing a site and construction plan for a second Community Solar Farm.
- Increased awareness within our membership regarding the correlation between using less energy and saving more money by supporting programs such as Beat the Peak (sign up at energysmartsc.org) and increased Power Saver Rewards participation to more than 4,400 members.
YEC wants to be your source of knowledge for electricity. Our web presence is the method from which we can deliver the most information, which is why we are pleased to announce our website has been redesigned.
Our hope is that this piece of technology can help us connect to our members, making it easier for you to learn, make payments and navigate your account. After all, we are here for you and want to empower you to use electricity the way in which you choose. So, follow us on social media, sign up for our newsletters, get connected and stay in the know about how your co-op is working for you.
President and Chief Executive Officer