YEC News & Updates
Unifying campaign supporting Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Fall is known for its stunning display of color as trees change from green … Read More about Bringing the Fight to Light about Bringing the Fight to Light
The quest to be the best drives all competitors, none more so than Megan Boykin Freeman of Smyrna. The York Electric Cooperative … Read More about YEC member rising in the ranks of women’s archery about YEC member rising in the ranks of women’s archery
During the election year, you hear a lot of talk about economic development. And for good reason, good-paying jobs are not as plentiful as … Read More about Let’s talk about economic development about Let’s talk about economic development
It's not too late for YEC's members to have a chance to win a $100 power bill credit. On October 3, YEC will hold a drawing for one $100 … Read More about Win a $100 power bill credit about Win a $100 power bill credit
On Saturday, October 15, your cooperative's 75th-anniversary celebration will continue with our Member Appreciation Shred Day. The onsite … Read More about You’re invited about You’re invited
See if you have an unclaimed Capital Credit check. The searchable list contains names of members who had Capital Credit checks mailed to … Read More about Unclaimed checks: Is YOUR name on the list? about Unclaimed checks: Is YOUR name on the list?
York Electric Cooperative is alerting members to an apparent scam involving individuals calling members, posing as a representative of the … Read More about Co-op warns members about scam callers about Co-op warns members about scam callers
75TH ANNIVERSARY VIDEO
There have been a lot of changes since the creation of York Electric Cooperative back in 1941, but one thing that has not changed is our commitment to serve the best interests of our membership and our community. … Read More about 75th Anniversary 2016
We’re Looking Out For You!
Billing & Payments FAQ
You may select one of the following options to make your monthly electric bill payment:
- Pay directly at our main office in York or at our Fort Mill branch.
- Comporium Communications – 1759 Cherry Road, Rock Hill, SC Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM until 8:00 PM, and from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM on Saturday. This is the ONLY Comporium location that accepts YEC payments. Map
- Walmart– you may now pay your bill at any Walmart across the country.
- Bring your current YEC bill or bill stub to the customer service counter and pay with cash or a PIN-based debit card.
- To allow adequate time for processing, please check the disconnect date located on your YEC bill. Make sure you pay your bill at least 5 days prior to the disconnect notice. Otherwise, YEC cannot guarantee your service will not be disconnected. Standard 3 business day option is $0.88. Next business day option is $1.88.
- Please retain the receipt that is provided to you for your records.
- For payment verification, call (803) 684-4248 and provide the member services representative with the10-digit code printed at the bottom of your Walmart cash payment receipt. Find a Walmart store near you
- Bank Draft – The account must be paid in full to begin Bank Draft. You will need to send in a voided check, and a bank draft form needs to be completed and signed to authorize that YEC can draft money from your account. YEC will automatically draft your checking account in the amount of your electric bill, and you will receive your monthly statements showing the amount to be drafted.
- Telelink – pay your bill at your convenience, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by dialing 1-866-374-1234. You must have your YEC account number available to make your payment. Fees Apply. Most major credit cards are accepted.
- E-check – allows you to pay your bill by entering in your checking account and bank routing numbers through York Electric’s website.
Each monthly bill is the rolling average of your electric usage for the most recent 12 months. In order to have your account placed on a levelized budget billing, you need to be a member of YEC at your current residence for one year, have maintained good credit (as defined by YEC), have a zero balance, and pay your bill by the original due date each month. There is no service charge or monthly fee, so call us if you want to level it out!
This free service allows you to select a designated person that we can contact when your account goes past due. A person may request to be a designated third-party, but must have the account holder’s permission. Both the member and this person will be notified by phone or mail that the bill is past due. You can sign up to receive this service by filling out the form and returning it to our office. You may also contact member services at 803-684-4248.
By signing up for e-billing, you will no longer receive a paper bill. You will have your bill sent to your email address so you can view it and pay it online.
This option allows you to combine your accounts that are on the same billing cycle, on one bill. This feature is great for accounts with multiple meters on more than one cycle such as school districts or apartment buildings.
If a situation should occur in which you are unable to pay all or a portion of your bill, please notify member services at 803-684-4248 as soon as possible. They may be able to set up a payment arrangement to allow you more time. They may also be able to provide you with a list of help agencies that can offer additional assistance. As a not for profit, cooperative members are expected to pay the costs which they incur. We cannot disregard payments owed to an account.