YEC's goal is to serve you well! From the dawn of their existence, cooperatives have been characterized as "large enough to serve you; small enough to know you." I believe that's an apt description … Read More about Affordable, innovative and member-focused about Affordable, innovative and member-focused
At YEC, that's not just our job, it's our everyday mission! In 1941, YEC was formed by the hardworking citizens of our community to create a member-owned utility that puts people before profit. … Read More about To serve and connect about To serve and connect
Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Philip Murphy of Fort Mill for winning a $100 YEC power bill credit. All members who provided a new or updated telephone number and email address during the months of … Read More about Power bill credit winner about Power bill credit winner
The quest to be the best drives all competitors, none more so than Megan Boykin Freeman of Smyrna. The York Electric Cooperative member continues to zero in on her personal bull's-eye: This … Read More about YEC member rising in the ranks of women’s archery about YEC member rising in the ranks of women’s archery
During the election year, you hear a lot of talk about economic development. And for good reason, good-paying jobs are not as plentiful as we'd like them to be, so bringing in new industries to our … Read More about Let’s talk about economic development about Let’s talk about economic development
An all-expenses-paid trip to our nation's capital, June 10-15, 2017. Once a year, York Electric makes it possible for two high school juniors to join dozens of other South Carolina students as part of the Washington Youth … Application Deadline: February 3 about Washington Youth Tour
75TH ANNIVERSARY VIDEO
There have been a lot of changes since the creation of York Electric Cooperative back in 1941, but one thing that has not changed is our commitment to serve the best interests of our membership and our community. … Read More about 75th Anniversary 2016
We’re Looking Out For You!
Billing & Payments FAQ
You may select one of the following options to make your monthly electric bill payment:
- Pay directly at our main office in York or at our Fort Mill branch.
- Comporium Communications – 1759 Cherry Road, Rock Hill, SC Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM until 8:00 PM, and from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM on Saturday. This is the ONLY Comporium location that accepts YEC payments. Map
- Walmart– you may now pay your bill at any Walmart across the country.
- Bring your current YEC bill or bill stub to the customer service counter and pay with cash or a PIN-based debit card.
- To allow adequate time for processing, please check the disconnect date located on your YEC bill. Make sure you pay your bill at least 5 days prior to the disconnect notice. Otherwise, YEC cannot guarantee your service will not be disconnected. Standard 3 business day option is $0.88. Next business day option is $1.88.
- Please retain the receipt that is provided to you for your records.
- For payment verification, call (803) 684-4248 and provide the member services representative with the10-digit code printed at the bottom of your Walmart cash payment receipt. Find a Walmart store near you
- Bank Draft – The account must be paid in full to begin Bank Draft. You will need to send in a voided check, and a bank draft form needs to be completed and signed to authorize that YEC can draft money from your account. YEC will automatically draft your checking account in the amount of your electric bill, and you will receive your monthly statements showing the amount to be drafted.
- Telelink – pay your bill at your convenience, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by dialing 1-866-374-1234. You must have your YEC account number available to make your payment. Fees Apply. Most major credit cards are accepted.
- E-check – allows you to pay your bill by entering in your checking account and bank routing numbers through York Electric’s website.
Each monthly bill is the rolling average of your electric usage for the most recent 12 months. In order to have your account placed on a levelized budget billing, you need to be a member of YEC at your current residence for one year, have maintained good credit (as defined by YEC), have a zero balance, and pay your bill by the original due date each month. There is no service charge or monthly fee, so call us if you want to level it out!
This free service allows you to select a designated person that we can contact when your account goes past due. A person may request to be a designated third-party, but must have the account holder’s permission. Both the member and this person will be notified by phone or mail that the bill is past due. You can sign up to receive this service by filling out the form and returning it to our office. You may also contact member services at 803-684-4248.
By signing up for e-billing, you will no longer receive a paper bill. You will have your bill sent to your email address so you can view it and pay it online.
This option allows you to combine your accounts that are on the same billing cycle, on one bill. This feature is great for accounts with multiple meters on more than one cycle such as school districts or apartment buildings.
If a situation should occur in which you are unable to pay all or a portion of your bill, please notify member services at 803-684-4248 as soon as possible. They may be able to set up a payment arrangement to allow you more time. They may also be able to provide you with a list of help agencies that can offer additional assistance. As a not for profit, cooperative members are expected to pay the costs which they incur. We cannot disregard payments owed to an account.