Power your way with Advance Pay
All members are not alike. That’s why your co-op is now offering Advance Pay, an innovative bill payment program designed to meet your need and your individual lifestyle with a flexible payment plan that puts you in charge of your power bill.
You purchase electricity when you want, weekly or biweekly, in the amounts you choose rather than one monthly payment, allowing you to monitor and control your electric usage as often as you wish.
- Easy set-up
- Daily alerts and reminders
- Monitor balance and usage
- No late fee
- No reconnect fee
- No monthly bill
How does Advance Pay work?
When you sign up for Advance Pay, you deposit money into your account, similar to a prepaid cellular phone, and as you use electricity, the cost is deducted on a daily basis. You will have a number of ways to access and monitor your account at any time, and monitoring power usage typically reduces consumption on an average of 10 percent.
Set up a payment profile through our free YEC Mobile App or online and then pay by:
- Texting PAY to 352667
- Using YEC’s Mobile App
- At www.yorkelectric.net
- By phone at 1-866-374-1234
You can also select the balance at which you will begin to receive low-balance notifications to be sure you have time to purchase more power before the meter stops via a method you choose:
- Automated calling service
Other Alerts and Reminders
Members who enroll in York Electric Cooperative’s Advance Pay Program will be automatically signed up to receive text messaging alerts and reminders for the following:
- Returned check alert
- Service disconnection
- Low balance threshold ($20.00)
- Balance and usage
- Pending disconnect or auto disconnect alert
Additional alerts and reminders are available for members via text message or email through YEC’s Member Services Portal:
- Account profile change
- Payment confirmation
- Service connected
- Service reconnected
- High usage alert
- Low usage alert
To sign up for additional notifications, log in to your account and click on the My Alerts tab at the top of the page to update your selections.
- Advance Pay helps you help the environment by ending paper billings and mailing costs.
- If funds in your account run out, your meter will stop, the power will be automatically disconnected, and you will be notified. Once your outstanding balance and the minimum payment are made, even on weekends and holidays, your service will be reconnected in minutes.
- If you are already a member on a regular residential rate, you can switch to an Advance Pay account. Any existing security deposit will be credited to your account balance. If you decide that Advance Pay is not for you, we’ll switch you back to a traditional account with an applicable security deposit.
- Advance Pay teaches the value of electricity and what uses energy in your home.
- It also provides absolute control over how much you pay and helps you reduce your energy use.
- Participation in Advance Pay is limited to qualified accounts, and the rate is slightly higher than YEC’s traditional rate.
Advance Pay FAQ
Advance Pay is a pre-pay plan that lets you pay when you want, in the amounts you want. Instead of receiving a paper bill each month, energy use is calculated daily. Advance Pay members never pay a late charge, disconnect fees or reconnect fees.
Would it be easier for you to make weekly or biweekly payments rather than one large payment each month? If so, Advance Pay might be for you! Members interested in monitoring and lowering electricity use could beneﬁt, too.
You can set up notiﬁcations by e-mail or text to notify you of a low balance, allowing time to buy power. If you do not purchase more, the meter will stop until funds are applied to your account.
Making a payment is easy, even on weekends and holidays! Once payment is received, your power will reconnect almost immediately.