I’d like to thank everyone who attended our 2022 Annual Meeting. More than 3,500 members attended our second complete drive-thru event. Your co-op is here to serve you, our members and our owners, providing affordable, safe and reliable energy and making positive impacts in our communities. Every member. Every time.
If you missed it, the business meeting and election results were recorded and can be found on our website. In the meantime, here are some highlights to show you your co-op is in great shape:
- For another year, I thank our Lord for protecting us from a major injury and large-scale outage.
- Since it began in 2000, our members have given more than $3.4 million dollars back to the community through our Operation Round Up program, making a positive difference in the lives of others.
- We are proud to announce that we do not anticipate a rate increase for another two years.
- The board of trustees approved the largest distribution of capital credits in YEC’s history, returning $2.5 million to members in May.
- Over 2,000 members responded to our American Customer Satisfaction Index and the results are in. Your cooperative scored a 94, providing YEC with one of the highest scores among more than 700 companies across the country.
- We’re working to shape our future by incorporating new, innovative technology, including upgrades to 11 substations, developing special rates and services for electric vehicles and providing in-home smart devices to better equip members to monitor energy and save money.
- To continue improving service reliability, we’re investing in two new 100-kilovolt transmission lines that will serve two of YEC’s substations: Flint Hill, near Carowinds, and India Hook in Rock Hill.
- Through our Rural Internet Project, YEC has now provided high-speed Internet access to 1,500 members who did not have this service a year ago. Construction continues, which will provide high-speed Internet access to the remaining unserved members in the next 14 months.
In summary, rates will stay low, rebate checks will continue to be large, rural internet is being installed and electric service reliability is excellent. Your co-op is in great shape and our dedication to continue looking out for you remains true.
President and Chief Executive Officer
Board of trustees 2022 election results
District 1 Trustee
William Roy “Will” Mitchell
District 2 Trustee
District 3 Trustee
Richard B. Sadler