Welcome to York Electric Cooperative!
How to Apply
Please review and gather the basics listed above and call Member Services at 803-684-4248, M-F, 8 AM-5 PM.
Please review and gather the basics listed above and visit us at our Main Office at 1385 East Alexander Love Highway, York, SC, M-F, 8 AM-5 PM, excluding holidays, or our Fort Mill Office at 2089 Highway 21 By-pass, in Fort Mill, M-F, 8 AM-12:30 PM and 1:30 PM-5 PM.
New Business Service
Please apply as soon as you are able. The timeline will depend on whether your business has all the supporting documents. If your business’s location requires a power letter and/or building permit, we will not be able to start service until you have sent the approval letter to YEC.
- $25.00 Service Activation Fee (Non-Refundable)
- $5.00 Membership Fee
- Security Deposit (paid by cash, check, credit card, or money order)
- Existing Locations: Security deposits are determined based on the location’s previous average monthly bill.
- New Construction: Security deposits are determined based on the location’s transformer size.
- Business owner’s driver’s license
- Federal Tax Identification Number
- Power letter and/or building permit (dependent on your business location’s municipality or county)
- York County Planning & Development requires businesses (that are not located within city limits) to obtain a power letter and/or building permit. This is needed by the county to evaluate the use of your business, and the location’s zoning and building codes.
- There is a power letter guide within the application. If you are not able to determine if your business requires a letter, then please contact our Member Services Department at 803-684-4248 (Monday Friday 8am-5pm).
- Please contact York County Planning & Development at 803-909-7200, and they will inform you on how to obtain a power letter.