Welcome to York Electric Cooperative!
How to Apply
Please review and gather the basics listed above and call Member Services at 803-684-4248, M-F, 8 AM-5 PM.
Please review and gather the basics listed above and visit us at our Main Office at 1385 East Alexander Love Highway, York, SC, M-F, 8 AM-5 PM, excluding holidays, or our Fort Mill Office at 2089 Highway 21 By-pass, in Fort Mill, M-F, 8 AM-12:30 PM and 1:30 PM-5 PM.
New Business Service
- York County Planning & Development requires businesses (that are not located within city limits) to obtain a power letter and/or building permit. This is needed by the county to evaluate the use of your business, and the location’s zoning and building codes.
- There is a power letter guide within the application. If you are not able to determine if your business requires a letter, then please contact our Member Services Department at 803-684-4248 (Monday Friday 8 am-5 pm).
- Please contact York County Planning & Development at 803-909-7200, and they will inform you on how to obtain a power letter.
If you are opening a business in an existing building, there are some things you should know about York county’s building & zoning regulations.
- Business owner’s driver’s license
- Federal Tax Identification Number
- Power letter and/or building permit (dependent on your business location’s municipality or county)
- Existing Locations: Security deposits are determined based on the location’s previous average monthly bill.
- New Construction: Security deposits are determined based on the location’s transformer size.
- $25.00 Service Activation Fee (Non-Refundable)
- $5.00 Membership Fee
- Security Deposit (paid by cash, check, credit card, or money order)
Please apply as soon as you are able. The timeline will depend on whether your business has all the supporting documents. If your business’s location requires a power letter and/or building permit, we will not be able to start service until you have sent the approval letter to YEC.