Discover the value of co-op membership!
York Electric Cooperative, your energy company, offers a wide variety of programs and services designed to enhance the quality of life our members enjoy. We’re constantly refining these programs—and developing new ones—just another way we’re always looking out for you.
To look out for the member.
To provide unsurpassed innovative and diversified service at a reasonable cost while improving the quality of life and promoting integrity, economic development, safety, and a vision of the future.
CONVENIENT BILL PAYING
- PowerTouch – Pay your electric bill at your convenience by phone, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Online Payments – Accepted through the Member Portal at www.yorkelectric.net.
- Mobile App – Use our free smartphone application to make a payment, review account information or report an outage.
- Advance Pay – A flexible payment plan putting you in charge of your electric bill. You control how much and when you pay so that it meets your needs.
- Bank Draft – Your checking account will automatically be drafted each month for the amount of your electric bill. Simple, convenient, safe and you’re guaranteed that your bill will be paid on time. Each month you will still receive a monthly statement showing electricity use and cost. “Go Green” by participating in both Bank Draft and e-bill together! You’ll save $1 on each participating account.
- Text to Pay – Text “JOIN” to 352667 from the mobile number listed on your account to make a payment or access your account balance details.
- Third-Party Notification – A free service offered by York Electric as a safety net which allows a designated third party to be notified should a loved one’s electric bill become past due or be subject to disconnection.
- In the Office –You may pay directly at our offices in York and Fort Mill.
YEC wants to help you achieve your budgeting and energy efficiency goals. We offer discounted rates on smart thermostats and whole house generators, free energy saving tools and programs, and more.
Capital Credits are the only form of equity a member-owned utility has. Each year, all revenue over and above expenses is assigned by the Cooperative to each member’s Capital Credits Account. The amount of your Capital Credits is determined by your yearly payments for electricity.
York Electric’s Trade A Tree Program helps members replace trees that must be removed by the co-op to ensure service reliability.
Before you begin a project, such as installing a new fence, planting shrubbery or trees, take into account that underground electric service or other utility lines may be present. If you’re not absolutely sure where any underground lines are located on your property, call 811.
For only pennies a month or approximately $6 a year, by rounding up your monthly electric bill, York Electric’s giving program allows each member to help make a difference for those in our communities who need it most.
Every year York Electric Cooperative sponsors local high school juniors on an all-expense paid trip to our nation’s capital. This week-long tour gives students a chance to see our government in action and experience the history of the United States firsthand.
During the annual Cooperative Youth Summit in July, York Electric sponsors local high school juniors to experience South Carolina’s capital like never before. Students from across the state tour the statehouse, meet lawmakers and visit Columbia attractions like Riverbanks Zoo & Garden.
York Electric annually awards numerous scholarships including $1,000 Touchstone Energy® Scholarships to high school seniors.
We regularly offer safety demonstrations to students and other groups throughout our service area in an effort to teach important safety lessons to the participants. See detailed information pertaining to the safe use of electricity.
York Electric’s development of the East York Industrial Park is exemplary of the Cooperative’s commitment to bring quality industry and jobs to York County.
Help your co-op control energy costs and save money by signing up to Beat the Peak, a free and voluntary program providing energy saving tips.
Your co-op is here to help you navigate the ins and outs of solar energy. Whether you are interested in getting solar installed at your home, you already have solar, you’d like to join our Community Solar Program, or if you just have questions — we have your back.
When you save, we all save. Learn how you can improve your energy efficiency and keep your monthly bill low. We have several online tools, videos, and games that are fun for the whole family!
YEC is a Touchstone Energy® Cooperative, bringing high standards of information, technology, and service to you. Touchstone Energy cooperatives are your source for power and information. Whether it’s the power you depend on every day for your home or business, or the information you need to make decisions about how you power your life, Touchstone Energy cooperatives across the country are here to support you.
What is a Co-op