York Electric is serving up convenience to you, our members. Rest easy with our convenient bill payment options.
Enjoy these no guess, no stress programs – and take charge of your free time:
- YEC Mobile Apps
Our Mobile App is designed to give you fast, secure account access so you can easily manage your electric service no matter where you are.
- Levelized Billing
We can average your monthly electric bill into a more predictable amount.
- Bank Draft
Forget writing and mailing checks. Bank Draft automatically deducts the amount of your bill from your checking account each month. Combine Bank Draft with Levelized Billing to take the hassle out of bill-paying and budgeting.
Consider our other easy payment options:
- CheckOut With PayGo!
For the low cost of $1.50, you can take your statement into several local stores, including Walmart, 7-Eleven, Dollar General, CVS, Walgreens, Family Dollar or any location displaying the corresponding green ice cream cone logo, to make a payment. Your payment will post immediately to your YEC account.
What locations support CheckOut by PayGo near me?
Find a PayGo location near you by entering your ZIP code and address here
Pay your YEC bill at any Walmart location across the country.
- Advance Pay
For members looking to pay for power as they use it, Advance Pay puts you in charge of your electric bill. Advance Pay gives you the power to purchase electricity when you want, weekly or biweekly, in the amounts you choose rather than one monthly payment, allowing you to monitor and control your electric usage daily, weekly, monthly with a select payment plan that works for you and your budget.
Pay your electric bill at your convenience, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- e-bill Notification
Did you know you can choose to receive your electric billing statement via e-mail?
Allows you to pay securely by simply entering your checking account and bank routing numbers.
- Invoice Billing
Put all your accounts on one bill. Great for school districts, apartment buildings and other accounts with multiple meters.
- Third-Party Notification
A free service offered by York Electric as a safety net that allows a designated third party to be notified should a loved one’s electric bill become past due or be subject to disconnection.
Billing & Payments FAQ
Your payment is posted as soon as we get authorization from your credit card company or bank, often immediately. Payments sent by mail will be posted when they are received.
Please contact your financial institution for help.
Other troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure your device has the minimum compatible requirements.
- Make sure your device is up-to-date with the latest system upgrades.
Do you have authentication set up on your device?
- Authentication must be enabled to use mobile device payments.
You may select one of the following options to make your monthly electric bill payment:
- Pay directly at our main office in York or at our Fort Mill branch
- Walmart– you may now pay your bill at any Walmart across the country.
- Bring your current YEC bill or bill stub to the customer service counter and pay with cash or a PIN-based debit card.
- To allow adequate time for processing, please check the disconnect date located on your YEC bill. Make sure you pay your bill at least 5 days prior to the disconnect notice. Otherwise, YEC cannot guarantee your service will not be disconnected. Standard 3 business day option is $0.88. Next business day option is $1.88.
- Please retain the receipt that is provided to you for your records.
- For payment verification, call (803) 684-4248 and provide the member services representative with the 10-digit code printed at the bottom of your Walmart cash payment receipt. Find a Walmart store near you
- Bank Draft –The account must be paid in full to begin Bank Draft. When you sign up for York Electric’s Bank Draft program, the Cooperative will automatically deduct the amount of your bill from your checking account each month. You’ll still receive a monthly statement showing you the amount of your bill, but you’ll never have to write another check to pay your electric bill or worry about letting the payment slip your mind.
- PowerTouch – pay your bill at your convenience, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by dialing 1-866-374-1234. You must have your YEC account number available to make your payment. Fees Apply. Most major credit cards are accepted.
- E-check – allows you to pay your bill by entering in your checking account and bank routing numbers through York Electric’s website.
- Advance Pay – Advance Pay gives you the power to purchase electricity when you want, weekly or biweekly, in the amounts you choose rather than one monthly payment, allowing you to monitor and control your electric usage daily, weekly, monthly with a select payment plan that works for you and your budget.
Each monthly bill is the rolling average of your electric usage for the most recent 12 months. In order to have your account placed on a levelized budget billing, you need to be a member of YEC at your current residence for one year, have maintained good credit (as defined by YEC), have a zero balance, and pay your bill by the original due date each month. There is no service charge or monthly fee, so call us if you want to level it out!
This free service allows you to select a designated person that we can contact when your account goes past due. A person may request to be a designated third-party, but must have the account holder’s permission. Both the member and this person will be notified by phone or mail that the bill is past due. You can sign up to receive this service by filling out the form and returning it to our office. You may also contact member services at 803-684-4248.
By signing up for e-billing, you will no longer receive a paper bill. You will have your bill sent to your email address so you can view it and pay it online.
This option allows you to combine your accounts that are on the same billing cycle on one bill. This feature is great for accounts with multiple meters on more than one cycle such as school districts or apartment buildings.
If a situation should occur in which you are unable to pay all or a portion of your bill, please notify member services at 803-684-4248 as soon as possible. They may be able to set up a payment arrangement to allow you more time. They may also be able to provide you with a list of help agencies that can offer additional assistance. As a not for profit, cooperative members are expected to pay the costs which they incur. We cannot disregard payments owed to an account.
South Carolina 2-1-1 is your one-stop resource for finding assistance in your local community. Use the link below to find services. Or call 2-1-1 any time – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year – to find vital services in your community. You can also reach 2-1-1 toll-free at 1-866-892-9211. This service is free and is available in multiple languages.nnwww.sc211.org