Interested in reducing your energy costs but unsure how to start?
The South Carolina Agricultural Energy Audit Program provides discounted energy audits to assess your farm’s energy efficiency, identify potential conservation projects, and even access funding for equipment upgrades. The audit is an unbiased third-party evaluation of energy efficiency and demand reduction opportunities on your farm along with technical assistance and a rank of each project by the period of time it will take to pay for itself. Each energy audit also includes a detailed inventory of your current equipment and an analysis of your energy usage by farm activity.
- The program will cover 75% of the cost of your energy audit. Your energy audit can be used to access funding through USDA programs such as the Rural Energy for America Program (REAP), which provides grants for up to 25% of your project cost and loan guarantees for up to 75% of your project cost.
- There is no obligation to move forward with projects once you receive your audit report.
- This program is offered on a first come, first served basis, and funding is limited. Call today to reserve your spot.
Call EnSave at (800) 732-1399 today to get started.
After submitting your application, a representative from EnSave will call you to ask some additional questions and price your audit; in the meantime, please call EnSave at (800) 732-1399 if you have any questions.
Your discounted energy audit involves just four easy steps:
- Speak with your electric cooperative, or call EnSave at (800) 732-1399 with any questions or to request an application
- Sign and return the application, and provide 12 months of energy use history (electricity and heating fuel)
- Pay for 25% of the cost of your energy audit
- Receive your assessment within 10 weeks of sending in your materials, and use your audit to make business decisions and access funding
About the Program: Central Electric Power Cooperative, on behalf of the 20 South Carolina Electric Cooperatives, was recently awarded a USDA Rural Development Energy Audit grant to provide these discounted energy audits to 40 farms in South Carolina.
Central Electric Power Cooperative, Inc. provides wholesale electric service to South Carolina’s electric cooperative system.