Annual Meeting 2021
Friday, May 7 from 7 am-7 pm
Saturday, May 8 from 7 am-2 pm
Acceptable Forms of Identification to Register and Vote:
- Valid photo ID of any type
- Driver’s license
- State issued ID card with a photograph
- U. S. Military card
- Current YEC bill, phone bill, cable bill, bank statement, pay stub, etc. that reflects same name and address as shown on the YEC registration card
- Social security card
- Other appropriate evidence of the identity of the person
- Joint membership of a spouse with a valid ID reflecting the name and home address of the spouse matches that of the registration card. (Reference Section 1.04 of the Bylaws.)
- One representative for a church, firm, corporation, etc., is allowed to vote on behalf of that organization. This representative must have written authorization on the organization’s letterhead in hand requesting that they be allowed to register and vote. Additionally, the representative must provide ID verifying that he or she is the person listed on the authorization. YEC will retain the written authorization for our files. (See Section 3.05 of the Bylaws.)
- If the member has absolutely no other form of identification available and he or she is able to provide the last four digits of the social security number listed on the account, he or she will only be eligible to register at the meeting. He or she will not be eligible to vote.
- YEC reserves the right to review the information and identification provided by a member to determine whether or not he or she can register and/or vote. The Cooperative’s priority is to retain the integrity of the Cooperative’s voting process and the decision made for proper member identification will be made with the guidance of the Cooperatives Credentials and Election Committee.
Annual Meeting FAQ
No parking will be available at the annual meeting because it is completely drive-thru.
Each member will receive an official announcement in the April South Carolina Living magazine, as well as a registration postcard. Please keep your registration postcard and bring it with you to the annual meeting.
All other door prizes will be announced during the virtual business meeting. Winners will be contacted on Monday following the annual meeting.
YEC has three grand prizes available to win at this year’s annual meeting. They include a 2500 HD Chevrolet pickup and (2) $500 power bill credits. Winners will be contacted on Monday following the annual meeting.
Only members who are attend the annual meeting, provide proper identification and their registration card are eligible to receive a registration gift, vote and be entered into the door prize drawing. To extend a greater opportunity for our members and to encourage participation, our meeting days and times have been extended to two days.
In an effort to keep everyone safe in the ongoing pandemic, YEC will not host any entertainment or food vendors during the annual meeting.
All members of the cooperative are eligible to register with a valid photo ID and their registration card. The registration card will be mailed to members the first full week in April.
The YEC annual meeting will be held at our main office, 1385 E. Alexander Love Hwy. on Friday, May 7 from 7 am-7 pm and on Saturday, May 8 from 7 am-2 pm. The virtual business meeting will be live online Saturday evening.
Each member who attends the annual meeting and registers will receive a $20 power bill credit and a pack of 2 LED light bulbs.
The door prize winners, including the grand prize winners, will be announced during the virtual business meeting. All door prizes that can be mailed will be sent directly to winners. If your name is chosen we will contact you to provide you details about your prize on Monday following the annual meeting.
Yes – the annual meeting will be held, rain or shine.
The annual meeting is drive-thru, so just stay in the comfort of your car. YEC employees will be there to help guide you through each step of the process to register and cast your vote.
The Annual Meeting is a meeting of YEC’s members and a special occasion for members to participate in cooperative business and meet their cooperative leaders and employees. As a democratically controlled, not-for-profit business, our bylaws indicate we host a meeting for members to gather and vote on important matters each year. We’ve adapted the meeting to be safe for all and convenient for you by hosting registration and voting as a 2-day drive-thru experience and virtual business meeting. Each member who is present and registers receives a registration gift and will be eligible to win door prizes. Most importantly, members can exercise their cooperative right to vote in the election for seats on the cooperative’s Board of Trustees. During the virtual business meeting that will be streamed on our website and our Facebook page, our President and CEO, attorney and Board Chairman will update you on important Cooperative business and share election results.